The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Monday, June 06, 2005

spam for Osama

Got back from a restful weekend away to this little gem in the inbox:

Turn on your TV. Osama Bin Laden has been captured. While CNN has no pictures at this point of time, the military channel (PPV) released some pictures. I managed
to capture a couple of these pictures off my TV. Ive attached a slideshow containing all the pictures I managed to capture. I apologize for the low quality, its the best I could do at this point of time.Hopefully CNN will have pictures and a video soon. God bless the USA!
Sean Dunlap*

*no doubt not his real name.

Now having been out of news coverage since the message was ostensibly sent I did stop and ask someone if they'd heard anything to this effect (they hadn't). I wouldn't have opened the attachment for two reasons (in addition to my normal practice of not opening attachments from strangers):
1. God Bless the USA? no thanks, we've already had out quota for the month (and it's only the 6th).
2. No attachment - you fools!

But my that's inventive spam.

No comments: