The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Friday, February 18, 2005

last day of an old life

Today I left my old job. It was my first grown-up job, although I've always thought that I got it more because of who I know than what I know. But I did ok. My boss said at my leaving do that I've left a legacy. I just hope it lasts.

I'm sad about leaving Erst behind, especially as Rude is coming with me to the new place. I've made so many friends in this place, as well as strengthened some old relationships - but will I get frustrated with their obssession with the place, an obssession borne out of the trauma of working there. I hope not. I hope I can listen and support them as they supported me.

It was strange that I didn't feel like I was leaving until I was the last person in the building, coding the last pesky files. I really hadn't realised that I Am Not Going Back, except as a visitor. At least for a few years anyway. So much has happened in the last month that I haven't been able to stop and think about it. I don't think it will hit me until I'm on the plane tomorrow, doing something different, going somewhere different.

An odd way to end a big part of my life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

contrats on starting a new chapter in your life... Change is always good.