The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busy busy busy

Sorry I haven't been able to post since Monday and realistically I'm not going to get a proper chance until tomorrow at the earliest. Here are some recently commented on posts, several with arguments still going on in the threads:

  • Invisible Mothers - on the parents we don't see but can hurt

  • Stop. Go. Stop - on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - you might want to have a read to laugh at a certain commenter's absurdity.

  • That taxing pay gap - looking at the reasons for the income gap between men and women and why gender-based tax cuts won't do the business. The comment thread has become an interesting discussion about why some men think women are paid less, and why some women think they are wrong.

  • Politics and progeny and general irrelevance - venting my continual frustration at the double standards of judgement attached to women in politics vs men in politics.

So at the moment it seems to be all about Teh Feminism. I'm hoping to write some stuff about national politics soon, and I have a few other things in draft form, in particular a new union myths post on what union staff do all day. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to write about, but keep in mind this is not my paid job!


Thanks for reading
Span


(Pic Via)

No comments: