The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Monday, March 07, 2005

that time of year part IV - Feb progress report

Further accountability, carrying on from my Jan Progress Report on my New Year's Resolutions. Better late than never, etc.

1. Get a new job in the area I want to work in - as reported at the end of Jan, this is completed. I start next Monday - quite excited and a bit daunted. Haven't found any roller skates yet, but have been a bit too busy to look. Any leads much appreciated.

2. Exercise more - certainly did a lot of exercise over the last two weeks - walking lots and lots and lots, also some cycling and swimming. Looking forward to starting tennis back up again on Wednesday night and also starting swimming at the local pool once my sunburn has gone down enough. Definitely feeling fit and certainly my arms look toned, not sure about the rest of me.

3. Think positive - first measure about to be reactivated due to being back in the country. Second measure underway and is working when i remember. Overall attempts to think positive have been much more successful since i knocked the bugger off in February.

4. Resist over-committing - working well so far, but has been easy to say I couldn't do anything until i was back from overseas. Now i'm back the challenge is to come up with another excuse ;-)

5. Get at least one stamp in my shiny unused passport - Wohoooo! Can tick this one off too - managed to go to three countries in the last two weeks - Singapore (not sure if that counts), Vietnam and Indonesia. Having a mini-break in June, so will investigate cheap overseas options (read: Australia) for that but will probably stay in NZ. Travelling was great and am really hanging out for a mini OE through Europe next year. My sister and her family gave us a Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring guide and I started thumbing through it basically as soon as we got back yesterday.

6. Finish the kitchen - have still done absolutely nothing. But feeling much more motivated after coming home to a house that seems much shabbier than I remembered.

7. Get up to date with my Alliance projects - hoping to knock another big bastard off this week, as I'm not working. Plus I need to draw up a plan for the other big job I want to get done. There is just so much to catch up on after a month of not being able to do anything substantial. Urgh.

So all in all not bad - two resolutions completely done and have managed to continue with the harder ones since the start of the year (2, 3 and 4).

2 comments:

Joe Hendren said...

welcome back Julie, and congrats again!

Vietnam is defintely on my list of countries to visit - just about everyone I have met who has been there has raved about it!

What were the highlights of the trip for you?

Span said...

thanks Joe :-)

am slowly posting about Vietnam in the coming days with a few pics (don't have many as we largely used film due to the crapness of the digital) so hopefully that will answer your question.