The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Saturday, January 29, 2005

that time of year part III - Jan progress report

In the interests of accountability, and because I have a resolution to totally tick off, here is my Jan progress report on my New Year's resolutions.

1. Get a new job in the area I want to work in - well this is now done. Got the job I really really wanted, which is a huge relief and quite exciting. Will start mid March (my goal was to start by end of March). Have commenced roller skate shopping but they are proving elusive (any at all, not just the ones with sparkly wheels). Any advice on the location of said roller skates (I spit on roller blades, a terrible corruption of the perfect original) much appreciated.

2. Exercise more - going quite well. Tennis is generally happening either once or twice a week. Have been a little slack about other forms of exercise lately due to extreme busy-ness. However now need to stay exact same shape for the next two weeks, so that should provide some impetus. Managed to walk very easily up a large hill (Bond St) on Wednesday, however that may have been partly due to the adrenalin from good job interview.

3. Think positive - one key measure is underway and have plans for a second. The first one should enable me to identify more possibilities for furthering this resolution as well.

4. Resist over-committing - this is commencing a pace. One helpful hint - put yourself in a position where you cannot actually speak on a conference call without difficulty. This way you will minimise your well-meant but doomed volunteering ;-)

5. Get at least one stamp in my shiny unused passport - no progress yet but hopefully in three weeks time i will be flying through the air right now to far off shores. Not sure where the far off shores are. And don't think of robbing us as we are getting a cat-sitter.

6. Finish the kitchen - have done absolutely nothing. Not a bean. No regrets though (refer resolution 3)

7. Get up to date with my Alliance projects - doing pretty dismally on this one too, although I did finish one large project. Have scheduled some time to finish the other really big one too and should knock off a small one this weekend. Phew.

All in all not too bad, given how incredibly busy I have been in January. Let's see what Feb will achieve...

No comments: