The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Sunday, January 02, 2005

that time of year part I - last year's resolutions

Need to review last year's resolutions, conveniently immortalised on h2g2 before I forgot my sign in details. I recreate them here:

- to learn meditation
- to pay more attention to
1. marathecat
2. kay my sister
3. ang my good friend
- to beat the itch-scratch cycle
- to paint my nails more often
- to get fitter and walk up some volcanos

Meditation was a non-event. I signed up for the free Sri Chinmoy classes, then discovered they were a scary cult so wimped out at the last minute. Would still like to learn though.

In the paying more attention stakes, marathecat has done ok. Kay not so well - I'm beginning to think it will take some sprog production on my part to break down those ancient barriers. Will try again this arvo though. Ang bloody decamped to Ireland in about March (or was it April?) making it a little difficult. I've sent her lots of postcards though. Got an email from her the other day for my efforts - she's in North Africa now, with a mysterious Irishman called, stereotypically, Declan. I imagine that he has one blue eye, one green, and a gammy leg. She has yet to confirm or deny.

Itch-scratch cycle - largely successful. Took me absolutely months and months and months though. My advice to anyone considering developing some eczema - don't.

Painting my nails happened a fair bit. Certainly enough that I feel that resolution gets the completed tick. I think I now qualify for my girly girl card.

To get fitter - well isn't this just my perennial resolution. I think I walked up two volcanoes. That's one every six months. Oops. I am definitely fitter than this time last year. But then I was starting from a very low base. (Living like a cat who doesn't chase birds for three years will do that to you.)

So I guess I'd better come up with some resolutions for 2005...

No comments: