The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Friday, January 26, 2007

Spooky

So on January 9th this year I posted some fictitious political news cos there wasn't much doing.

My four spurious announcements included the following:

Bush: "We Will Fight Them On The Beaches" - George W finally admits that climate change is a) real and b) not so good, and decides to launch a comprehensive War on Carbon Emissions, starting with fuel efficiency standards in line with China.
Then in Bush's state of the union address, reported January 24th here, there's this:

President Bush today called for Americans to cut their petrol use by 20 per cent over a decade, mostly through a nearly five-fold increase in use of home-grown fuels such as ethanol by 2017.

In his annual State of the Union address to Congress, Bush also called for tighter vehicle fuel efficiency standards...

I'm looking forward to my other stupid predictions coming true!

Maybe I should also forecast a Big Wednesday in my near future. Although that might mean I have to start buying tickets.

No comments: