The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Sunday, December 05, 2004

when work xmas parties get dull..

...those left start playing silly word games.

Like replacing the words "love" or "heart" with "dick" in song titles. Some examples:

- Dick You Like I Should
- Dick Makes the World Go Round (my nomination for a good song for the hopefully inevitable CUB Victory parties)
- Achey Breaky Dick
- Dick Don't Cost a Thing
- Dick Me Tender (Dick Me True)
- Dick is a Wonderful Thing
- All you need is Dick
- The Greatest Dick of All (Is Happening to Me)
- Silly Dick Songs
- I Would Do Anything For Dick (But I Won't Do That)

When we got bored we moved onto bad wedding aisle songs (something I have a little expertise in). Like:

- Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
- Highway to Hell
- Smack My Bitch Up
- Come On Eileen
- God Only Knows (a beautiful song - only nominated due to the first line which is "I may not always love you...")
- Should I Stay or Should I Go Now
- Who Let The Dogs Out
- Another One Bites the Dust

My favourite is that Bowie song, I can never remember the title, that goes:
It's a god awful sad affair
For the girl with the mousy hair
For her father has told her no
But her mother has told her to go
etc

Thank goodness for the underlying hysteria inherent in work social functions.

4 comments:

Aaron Bhatnagar said...

I prefer to recite "Borat" quotations to everyone - in the right accent of course :-)

Violet said...

This wedding reception I was at, there were chocolate-shaped hearts at every place-setting. I found that if you turned them upside down they looked very much like bums - it's the Desmond Morris effect. So my version of the game was to replace the word "love" with the word "bum".
Can you say "I bum you" ?

Blair said...

The Bowie quote is from Life on Mars, which can be found on his excellent Hunky Dory album (1971).

Span said...

thank you Whiggy

Another that would be good is Madonna's "My Dick is Dangerous"